Database Systems Group
- 2016-07-18: Our paper „Model-Driven Integration of Compression Algorithms in Column-Store Database Systems“ written by Juliana Hildebrandt, Dirk Habich, Wolfgang Lehner has been selected for presentation and publication at LWDA 2016.
- 2016-06-16: Our paper entitled „Multi-GPU Approximation Methods for Silent Data Corruption of AN-Coding“ by Matthias Werner, Till Kolditz, Tomas Karnagel, Dirk Habich, and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted at 12th International Workshop on Boolean Problems.
- 2016-05-27: Our position paper about "Architecture of a Multi-Domain Processing and Storage Engine" by Johannes Luong, Dirk Habich, Thomas Kissinger and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted at the 5th International Conference on Data Management Technologies and Applications (DATA, July, 24-26, Lisbon, Portugal).
- 2016-05-16: Our Paper "Towards a Role-based Contextual Database" by Tobias Jäkel, Thomas Kühn, Hannes Voigt, and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted as full paper at ADBIS 2016.
- 2016-05-16: Our Paper "Limitations of Intra-Operator Parallelism using Heterogeneous Computing Resources" by Tomas Karnagel, Dirk Habich, and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted as full paper at ADBIS 2016.
- 2016-05-08: We are happy to announce that Tomas Karnagel has been accepted to present his PhD work on „Heterogeneity-Aware Query Optimization“ at the VLDB PhD workshop.
- 2016-04-29: The paper „HW/SW-Database-CoDesign for Compressed Bitmap Index Processing“ by Sebastian Haas, Tomas Karnagel, Oliver Arnold, Erik Laux, Benjamin Schlegel, Gerhard Fettweis and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted at ASAP 2016.
- 2016-04-25: The paper titled „Penalized Graph Partitioning for Static and Dynamic Load Balancing“ by Tim Kiefer, Dirk Habich and Wolfgang Lehner has been selected to be presented at the 22nd International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (Euro-Par) in Grenoble, France in August.
- 2016-04-18: The paper "Runtime Model for Role-based Software Systems" by Tobias Jäkel, Martin Weißbach, Kai Herrmann, Hannes Voigt, and Max Leuthäuser has been accepted as position paper at Model@run.time workshop.
- Prof. Carsten Binnig, Adjunct Associate Professor (Research) at Brown University, Providence, USA, visited our chair last Thrusday March 17, and talked about his current research focus “Towards Interactive Data Exploration for the Masses”. Find his slides here.
Welcome to the Database Systems Group
Research activities conducted by the database systems group here at the TU Dresden focus on the problem of adding application-specific functionality to the classical concept of a database management system. The general goal of research activities is the development of a database management system that will be the central integration and analysis platform within an enterprise-wide data organization system.
Dear guests, please find information about our team and our teaching and research activities through the according links at the left and in the top menu.
For guests from outside Dresden, please also find more information on the Guests page.
For navigation in buildings, faculty floor plans can be found on the TU Campus Navigator here, or on Google Maps© here.
July 18, 2016 10:21 CEST
Database Technology Group, Technische Universität Dresden
Tel.: +49 351 463-38383
Fax: +49 351 463-38259
Visiting Address (View)
Nöthnitzer Str. 46
Technische Universität Dresden
Dep. of Computer Science
Institute for System Architecture
Database Systems Group