Database Systems Group
Welcome to the Database Systems Group
Research activities conducted by the database systems group here at the TU Dresden focus on the problem of adding application-specific functionality to the classical concept of a database management system. The general goal of research activities is the development of a database management system that will be the central integration and analysis platform within an enterprise-wide data organization system.
- 2016-11-30: ACHTUNG Studenten: Nach derzeitigem Stand müssen alle Lehrstühle ihre Lehrmaterialien bis Ende des Jahres vom Web nehmen. Ladet euch bitte bis Weihnachten die Unterlagen herunter, die ihr benötigt. Mehr Hintegrundinformation gibt es an der Uni Osnabrück.
- 2016-11-24: Our paper "Hardware Optimizations for Database Engines" written by Annett Ungethüm, Dirk Habich, Tomas Karnagel, Sebastian Haas, Eric Mier, Gerhard Fettweis, and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted as full paper at BTW 2017.
- 2016-11-11: Our paper "A Machine Learning Approach for Layout Inference in Spreadsheets" by Elvis Koci, Maik Thiele and Wolfgang Lehner was awarded as the best Student Paper at KDIR 2017.
- 2016-07-28: The paper "Compression-aware Query Processing. Vision, System Design and Beyond" by Juliana Hildebrandt, Dirk Habich, Patrick Damme and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted at the VLDB-Workshop IMDM/ADMS 2016.
- 2016-07-18: Our paper „Model-Driven Integration of Compression Algorithms in Column-Store Database Systems“ written by Juliana Hildebrandt, Dirk Habich, Wolfgang Lehner has been selected for presentation and publication at LWDA 2016.
- 2016-06-16: Our paper entitled „Multi-GPU Approximation Methods for Silent Data Corruption of AN-Coding“ by Matthias Werner, Till Kolditz, Tomas Karnagel, Dirk Habich, and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted at 12th International Workshop on Boolean Problems.
- 2016-05-27: Our position paper about "Architecture of a Multi-Domain Processing and Storage Engine" by Johannes Luong, Dirk Habich, Thomas Kissinger and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted at the 5th International Conference on Data Management Technologies and Applications (DATA, July, 24-26, Lisbon, Portugal).
- 2016-05-16: Our Paper "Towards a Role-based Contextual Database" by Tobias Jäkel, Thomas Kühn, Hannes Voigt, and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted as full paper at ADBIS 2016.
- 2016-05-16: Our Paper "Limitations of Intra-Operator Parallelism using Heterogeneous Computing Resources" by Tomas Karnagel, Dirk Habich, and Wolfgang Lehner has been accepted as full paper at ADBIS 2016.
Dear guests, please find information about our team and our teaching and research activities through the according links at the left and in the top menu.
For guests from outside Dresden, please also find more information on the Guests page.
For navigation in buildings, faculty floor plans can be found on the TU Campus Navigator here, or on Google Maps© here.
November 30, 2016 19:20 CET
Database Technology Group, Technische Universität Dresden
Tel.: +49 351 463-38383
Fax: +49 351 463-38259
Visiting Address (View)
Nöthnitzer Str. 46
Technische Universität Dresden
Dep. of Computer Science
Institute for System Architecture
Database Systems Group