||Monday, 4. DS (13:00 bis 14:30),
Database systems play a central role in building large and distributed transactionally working information systems. Within this lecture, we discuss techniques which are required to setup a robust distributed information system. After repeating the core concepts of ER modeling and the relational database model including SQL, we focus on specific features of a large scale database system.
- The course will be only offered online using pre-recorded presentations.
- Please register at OPAL for the course as well as for the exercises. Moreover, there is a forum which will be actively used for communication.
||Number of pages
- Elasmri, R.; Navathe, S: “Fundamentals of Database Systems” (5th Edition)
- Ramakrishnan, R.; Gehrke, J.: “Database Management Systems” McGraw-Hill, 2000
- Weikum, G.; Vossen, G.: “Transactional Information Systems“ Morgan Kaufmann, 2001
- J. Hoffer:, M. Prescott, H. Topi: “Modern Database Management” (9th Edition)
- Garcia-Molina, H.; Ullman, J.; Widom, J.: “Database Systems: The Complete Book” (2nd Edition)
- Garcia-Molina, H.; Ullman, J.; Widom, J.: “Database System Implementation”, 2000